Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Power to Create Life

     If given the power to create life as Frankenstein did, what choice would you make? Would you create such life? No?

     If I was given the power to create life such as Dr. Frankenstein, I would not use it. There are several reasons why, and some can go very deep into personal beliefs or human rights, and there can also be consequences to that choice, such as the military or government becoming aware of what I was doing and getting arrested, or having the military use my creations for warfare.

     My first reason: I would probably be too afraid to mess with life and death in such a manner. The military and government would most likely hear about what I have been doing, as I said above, and then my life would become very hard and the government would want to know my secrets about how I created that life.

     My second reason: I do not want to "play God" as some people call it. I am no different than any human being on this world, and I as a human do not have a right to create other humans. I am not better, I do not deserve the right to make something that is, in a sense, equal to me. Also, the beings I created could turn against me, and that would probably be one of the worst things that could happen. After working hard, or not, depending on how difficult the process is, I would not want my work to turn against me and having me end up wounded or killed.

    So no, I would not use this power at all, and these several reasons why are proof of that fact. In fact, I would probably try to forget I had that power in the first place, or get rid of the information that I had received in order to reduce the temptation to use it, as I most likely will have. I would not give this power to someone else, because I do not want to put that kind of pressure on the morals and values that someone else has, and all the hardships that will come with that power and responsibility.

2 comments:

  1. To be honest this is perfect. Great job. Even though she said that we could not say that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. What did you like most about it? Did you agree with my reasons, or do you have an argument against them?

    ReplyDelete